IES STUDENT PAPER AND TRAVEL ASSISTANCE
IEEE IES gives oportunities to students to attend IES conferences. One possibility is to apply to IES Student Paper and Travel Assistance (IES-SPTA). The rules of the IES-SPTA can be found on the IEEE IES website.
General information about IES-SPTA grants is available HERE
Now, the process to apply for IES-SPTA grants for next IEEE CPE-POWERENG 2017 is closed. It is great to announce the results of the IES Student Paper and Travel Assistance Grant (IES-SPTA) for next IEEE CPE-POWERENG 2017. The students awarded with SPTA are:
- Yunfei Yin (Harbin Institute of Technology, China)
- Mohamed Abido (Kfupm, Saudi Arabia)
- Sebastian Brueske (Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel, Germany)
- Mattia Rossi (Politecnico di Milano, Italy)
- Ayman Ayad (Technical University of Munich, Germany)
The grant covers up to 2000 USD to cover expenses related to registration fees, travelling, accommodation and meals. You have to cover all the expenses and after the conference, you must ask for the reimbursement to Industrial Electronics Society. The documents to be filled and sent to IES Treasurer are as per the Expense Reimbursement Procedures listed on the IEEE IES website.
Some extra important information:
- 1. The diplomas for the IES Student Paper Travel Assistances (IES-SPTA) will be presented during the conference (provisionally scheduled at the Gala Dinner).
- 2. A three-minute speech (3Ms) + movie and project hardware demonstration (if applicable) during the conference is mandatory to receive the IES-SPTA. See more details on the IEEE IES website about how to prepare the three-minute speech + movie related to the paper you are presenting at the conference.
All the information you need as recipient of the IES-SPTA grant is available HERE